For those wells which may be prone to bacteria, or for general peace of mind that your drinking water is safe, some well owners chose to select a quarterly service. The quarterly service includes full annual water test plus three additional bacteria tests – one each quarter; each quarterly visit includes an inspection of the well and supporting infrastructure. This service can be coupled with annual whole house water filter changes completed by SafeWell water Quality Specialists.
Most drinking water concerns are related to long term exposure to a particular contaminant or a series of contaminants. By testing your drinking water quarterly, you have a snapshot every quarter on the overall quality of your drinking water – specifically bacteria. Bacteria can be a nuisance contaminant to some wells, and wells servicing homes with young children, the elderly, or individuals with chronic disease may need to monitor bacteria more closely.
What to Expect
The Quarterly Testing Service is performed by SafeWell Water Quality Specialists. The following is the service delivery process:
- Appointment scheduled with SafeWell
- Water Quality Specialist arrives at your home
- Completes an inspection of well and supporting infrastructure
- Collects appropriate water samples
- Samples are delivered to state certified lab for analysis
- Lab results are evaluated and scored
- Comparison of raw and treated water
- Next steps (if any) are identified and documented
- Report is prepared and emailed
- Follow-up phone discussion is completed
- Next quarterly service is scheduled