When the results from a comprehensive water quality test show that your well water is high in iron, an Iron Breaker system may be recommended to reduce the amount of iron in your drinking water. The iron breaker system adds oxygen to filter media which oxidizes and removes the iron. The system periodically regenerates to replenish the oxygen and backwash out the iron. This service includes both the Iron Breaker System and the installation.
Why Remove Iron from Your Well Water?
Typical evidence of high iron is metallic-tasting water and/or rust-colored staining on appliances and laundry. Iron can also clog wells, pumps, sprinklers and other devices such as dishwashers, which can lead to unnecessary, costly repairs.
The EPA cautions that although iron in drinking water is safe to ingest, iron sediments may contain trace impurities or harbor bacteria that can be harmful. Iron bacteria are naturally-occurring organisms that can dissolve iron and some other minerals. These bacteria also form a brown slime that can build up in water pipes.
What to Expect
Your service will be delivered by a SafeWell Professional. You can expect the following:
- Consultation with a SafeWell Water Quality Manager
- Request quotes for service
- Receive several quotes from professionals via email
- Schedule an appointment for installation
- Pre-screened professional arrives at your home
- Installs and tests system
- You pay service provider directly
- Follow up phone discussion
- Rate your service experience on SafeWell