The Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), State and local health officials all recommend testing well water at least annually. Annual testing guarantees that at least once a year an expert will inspect your well and supporting infrastructure. The annual water quality test includes testing for standard water quality parameters including Bacteria (Total Coliform and E.coli), Nitrates and Nitrites, 13 metals and minerals including Lead, Arsenic, Magnesium, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Manganese, as well as 8 physical characteristics (pH, Color, Odor, and Hardness). All analyses are done by a state certified lab. SafeWell evaluates the test results, scores the water quality and provides a write-up on potential next steps.
Most drinking water concerns are related to long term exposure to a particular contaminant or a series of contaminants. By testing your drinking water annually, you can track the overall quality of your drinking water. Our water quality scoring model enables you to easily track the changes in your water quality from year to year and use the rating to determine when action may be needed.
What to Expect
The Custom Water Quality Testing Service is performed by SafeWell Water Quality Specialists. The following is the service delivery process:
- Schedule an appointment with SafeWell
- Water Quality Specialist arrives at your home
- Completes an inspection of well and supporting infrastructure
- Collects appropriate water samples
- Samples are delivered to state certified lab for analysis
- Lab results are evaluated and scored
- Previous results are also reviewed
- Comparison of raw and treated water
- Next steps are identified and documented
- Report is prepared and emailed
- Follow-up phone discussion is completed