The Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), State and local health officials all recommend testing well water at least annually. Having annual testing guarantees that at least once annually an expert will inspect your well and supporting infrastructure. The annual water quality test includes testing for Bacteria: Total Coliform and E.coli, Nitrates and Nitrites, 13 Metals including Lead, Arsenic, Magnesium, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Manganese, as well as 8 physical characteristics including: pH, Color, Odor, and Hardness. All tests are done by a state certified lab. SafeWell analyzes the test results, scores the water quality and provides a write-up on potential next steps.
Most drinking water concerns are related to long term exposure to a particular contaminant or a series of contaminants. By testing your drinking water annually you have a snapshot in time on the overall quality of your drinking water. By using the water quality scoring model you can track the changes in your water quality from year to year and use the rating to determine when action may be needed.
What to Expect
The Annual Testing Service is performed by SafeWell Water Quality Specialists. The following is the service delivery process:
- Service appointment scheduled
- Water Quality Specialist arrives at your home
- Completes an inspection of well and supporting infrastructure
- Collects appropriate water samples
- Samples are delivered to state certified lab for analysis
- Lab results are evaluated and scored
- Next steps are identified and documented
- Report is prepared and emailed
- Follow-up phone discussion is completed
- Annual appointment is scheduled